Thursday, September 26, 2013

Reinvent yourself...


                                                                            
  When I came to know THE material girl she was a buxom platinum blonde in a hot pink, floor-length, satin column gown adorned with an enormous bow. Dripping with diamonds and commanding the attention of every man in the room. WOW! What a statement! Thus began my obsession with pop culture and its cast of colorful characters...
                                                                             
 
   We have watched many of these characters evolve right before our eyes. Some handled their reinvention better than others and some not so much, (Mr. Sheen we're looking at you). And in my not-so-humble opinion, nobody has done reinvention better than Madonna the Queen of Pop, (although I tip my hat to Robert Downey Jr. for an incredible comeback. Bravo, Sir!). She's given us burning crosses, the infamous cone bra, and Kabbalah bracelets. We've had the pleasure of meeting Madonna Louise Ciccone, Ester, Evita, and Madge. Love her or hate her, her name has been in our mouths for over THREE decades. She has to be doing SOMETHING right! So, in the spirit of successful reinvention and with a nod to the material girl, I'm reinventing myself and this blog. You may or may not like it, hear me now, I don't care. I am going to write about the things I feel are interesting, fun, popular, stylish, delicious, and worth talking about! Sometimes it may be insightful, sometimes not. When it isn't I'm not going to feel bad about it!

   Look, I understand completely that writing/blogging/vlogging/etc. about pop culture, fashion, and what I like to eat isn't important in the scope of the universe. This blog won't earn me a Pulitzer Prize or an Oscar. I'm not going to change the world by talking about Louboutins and bacon but...I'm going to be doing something that I LOVE TO DO, and I will subsequently have fun while doing so! In a world weighed down by such heavy topics of conversation, a failing economy, and a seemingly never ending war wouldn't it be refreshing to simply talk about something fun and light-hearted every once in a while?! I mean, for Pete's sake let's just talk unabashedly about something totally mindless!!! I'm setting out for this to be fun and positive and happy...I think that's something even the Queen of Pop herself could get behind.

NOW...with that said...

  I will have topics on here that are going to be reoccurring themes. They are, (but are not limited to):
  
           Lady Gaga
           bacon
           cupcakes
           red lipstick
           weaves
           shoes
           cheese
           gel eyeliner
           beer
           and any current celebrity train wreck

I encourage all of you to chime in! Let me know what you want to talk about! Leave comments, questions, feedback, and opinions. I look forward to having you here in my little pop culture kingdom! Join me won't you?! Express yourself...



Boom! Glamour!
                                                                              

                                                                                
                                                                          


                                                                           








1 comment:

  1. I just like that BACON was mentioned twice in this post.

    Bring it.

    ReplyDelete